System Tweetop (PEX i PERT)
Tweetop system pipes are manufactured of plastic raw material known as raised temperature polyethylene:
- pipes in diameters 16-75mm are produced using PERT - polyethylene with elevated temperature properties To put it very simply, the structure of this material is similar to balls of wool which are merged mutually with side threads, resulting in a structure that is very tangled but very strong and difficult to break. When it comes to pipes, this translates into high resistanceto temperature and pressure, which is so important in plumbing and heating systems
General system properties and application
Among advantages of system Tweetop one can find:
- Durability lastic material structure is very resistant for constant impact of pressure and temperature and due to this fact system components can operate min 50 years
- Sureness low pressure losses, low thermal conductivity coefficient
- Energy-saving aspect plastics types which we use in production are very smooth , it cause very low linear losses of pressure. Apart from it our pipes have low thermal conductivity so thermal losses are relatively low in comparison to other pipes.
- hygienic aspect plastics are non toxic ,neutral in relation to water and can be recycled
- universality Tweetop system is recommended for use in below listed type of installation :
- cold/hot utility water
- central heating (radiator connections)
- floor and wall heating
- ice water
- compressed air
- flexibility with no shape remembrance multilayer pipes are more flexible than any other known pipes and can be bended without any supports. Bending radius is on the level 4-5 x Dn
- thermal stabilityvery low thermal expansion coefficient (0.025mm/mK), is comparable with values characteristic for steel or copper pipes
- resistance for oxygen diffusion
- possibility of making connection with any other pipe
- easiness in installation thanks to low weight of products and very sure connection system
Tweetop system is also particularly recommended for use in the renovation of old systems in residential buildings and public buildings including monuents.
Compliance with EU standards
Tweetop products are approved in Poland and due to a fact that currently EU standards for pipe and fittings are obligatory in our country we are able to issue declaration of compliance with EU standards for Tweetop system if needed.
Additionally, as Poland's only supplier of installation systems, Tweetop Sp. z o.o. offers customers a special type of insurance coverage for each investment. Through an agreement with TUiR Warta SA, investments implemented using the Tweetop system may be covered by insurance of up to PLN 4 million, provided that:
The system is assembled by a company trained by Tweetop Sp. z o.o.
The design documentation complies with the applicable design standards and guidelines.
A leak test protocol is provided.
|Pic. 1. Cross section of the multilayer Tweetop pipe.|
|Pic. 2. Cross section of the multilayer Tweetop pipe.|
The core of the Tweetop system is multilayer pipes consisting of:
- an unltrasonic-welded aluminium base pipe, with overlap
- inner and outer PERT layers
- binder integrating individual pipe layers
Tweetop system pipes offer a unique combination of the advantages of plastic and metal, while eliminating the drawbacks of these materials.
Fittings – joining technique
Tweetop system’s fittings are made of the pressed, nickel plated brass which is resistant to dezincification and that is why these fittings are non-corrodible. In the Tweetop system there is a possibility to join pipes with the usage of three types of fittings
|Moulded brass, nickel plated|
The main method of joining Tweetop pipes is the usage of pressed fittings. Connection between pipe and fittings is achieved by pressing the pipe into the profile of the fitting, by the mean of pressing machine equipped with U-type jaws, adapted to the fitting type. Leaktightness of the joining chamber is ensured by two O-ring seals that are perfectly incorporated into the joint zone. Making such a connections is possible in the floor screed or wall chase.
Compression adapter to manifold or radiator
Compression adapter to manifold or radiator is used for the making of the approaches to radiators and manifolds in the systems of radiator and floor heating. It is used in diameters of 16 and 20 mm with ¾ internal thread nut It consists of the body, a cut ring and external nut.
Connection made by the usage of this type of fittings is done by pushing the pipe (located in between external nut and fitting body) into the profile of the fitting, by the mean of wrench.
Two o-rings located on the fitting are responsible for connection tightness. The characteristic feature of the compression adapter is the finish of the fitting body in the form of euroconus bevelling, additionally sealed with o-ring. It makes possible to perfectly join such a fitting with manifold or radiator. Connections made by the usage of this kind of fittings are separable so their assembly is possible only in such places, where the joint is visible and possible to replace.
|Connector core type brass torsion clamps (optional nickel-plating)|
Joint with usage of compression fittings are identical to the joints described in 2.2. The difference is that the fitting body is not finished with erocouns chamfering and the variety of threads and diameters is extended with the diameter of 25 and threads of ½' and 1’.
|Other torsion clamp fittings made of brass, nickel-plated|
- General system properties and application
- Compliance with EU standards
- Fittings – joining technique
pdf 21.55 MB
Tweetop Product Catalog
pdf 21.55 MB